Hello my Dears! Welcome to the final week of...
The Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry Read-Along!!
This fabulous event is hosted by Candace Book Blog, Me @ Dazzling Reads, The Page Turners, Mary @ The Book Swarm and The Bewitched Bookworms.
- July 24 - Intro Post for the Read-A-Long - Linky for Participation!
- July 31 - Bewitched Bookworms Pages 7-84 ends with a Noah Chapter + Pushing the Limits Giveaway here at Dazzling Reads! =D
- Aug 7th - The Page Turners Pages 85 - 162 - ends with a Noah Chapter
- Aug 14th - Candace Book Blog Pages 163 - 239 - ends with a Noah Chapter
- Aug 21th - Dazzling Reads Pages 240 - 316 - ends with a Echo chapter
- Aug 28th - The Book Swarm Pages 317 - 392 - Today!!
Special Event: Evening of August 28th - Live Twitter Chat with Author Katie McGarry!!!!
And now onto the Questions for this week:
1. By finally returning to her art, Echo is working through her issues and taking control of her life. While she’s not ever going to return to her previous “normal”, she uses her art as a way to work her way to a place where she’s more comfortable with herself. How do you deal with the issues and stresses of your life?
Reading! of course =9. I think it totally takes your mind off everything else. Plus if you read while having a cup a good quality green tea, the relaxing period is even better! :)
2. Once Noah gives his brothers and their soon-to-be adoptive parents a happy ending, he decides to get his own by winning Echo back. Why does he think stealing her file is the best way to do it? Any other (better) suggestions for the poor boy?
I think everyone does what thinks is best in their own way. Noah wanted to do it that way because he wanted to do something significant for Echo. After all, Echo's been wanting to read that file since the beginning of the book, I totally understand why Noah wanted to do so.
3. Echo finally uncovers the terrible truth of what her mother did to her. Now that we know the truth, do you think Echo’s father did the right thing by covering up the incident and keeping it from her? How do you think he should have handled it?
In a way yes. I think that what was better for Echo was to find out on her own way and through her own means, whatever they were. Forcing the truth on someone when your mind refuses to remember, I dont think is the best way so I guess it was right from her father to cover the truth. Yet, I do believe that as he did it for her, he did it also for himself and to protect his relationship with his daughter.
4. Mrs. Collins plays an integral role in helping Echo and Noah find a new normal and happiness in their lives. Tell us about someone in your life who helped you, someone who changed your life, was there for you, or offered help/comfort when you most needed it (or when you didn’t know you needed it).
That's a very personal question and I wont mention any names. Those people know who they are and I am greatly blessed to have them in my life and for what they have done and continue to do for me.
5. Another major truth is revealed when Echo’s father finally opens up to his daughter and tells her about her mother and how his relationship with Ashley evolved. Knowing this, how do you feel about Ashley now? And what did you think when you learned the name of the baby?
I still don't like Ashley and I never will. I still believe that Echo + father + Ashley is a dysfunctional family even with the "flowers and sunshine" resolution these three characters had. In real life, I doubt very much the outcome of this family would have been so wonderful. This is actually where Pushing the Limits failed to impress me and convince me that this could actually be real. No need to mention how fast they reconciled with each other. Maybe after years would have been more credible.
6. Echo and Noah ride off into the sunset together. *happy sigh* If you had the chance, who would you ride off with and where would you go?
Dude, I have long list of fictional characters for this. Starting with Jace Waylan and Dimitri Belikov (those two at the top of my neverending list of fictional crushes). But since they are not real, then I guess I'll choose Finnish composer and songwriter Tuomas Holopainen. The most inspirational and influential human being in my life <3 I own him a lot.
Please feel free to grab the Button and help us spread the word about this feature!